Saturday, July 9, 2011

Discussion 1 - Social Media

Social Media is an online technology tools that allowed peoples nowadays to communicate through internet such as Facebook, twitter, blogger and so on. Seriously, social media has affecting us in many ways, either in positive or negative. Nowadays, I believe that most people would not live in life without social media including me. It enables me to communicate, to share and to know everything anytime and anywhere. Frankly, I get know everything new from social media, not newspaper anymore. Social media expanding our social networking, we get know more friends from local or other country. With some applications like Skype, I can communicate with my friends and relatives that live further away even over sea without any charges.

With social media, peoples can now operate their business without an existing shop or company, for example, in facebook, we can see many pages that selling clothes, contact lenses, daily needs and many more. I’m one of their customers too, it’s very convenient, just with few clicks, online transaction, I bought the things I want without going out. However, it has disadvantages; we never know the quality of the products unless we bought it. Other than that, we are taking risk of being cheat, it’s insecure sometimes.

Moreover, social media is affecting our written communications, or even our oral communications. Usually, I write in short form in email, sms, notes and online chatting every day, and finally this become my bad habit. For example, I would write ‘whr r u?’ instead of ‘where are you?’. Even in examination, I’ll never realize that I have many mistakes on these. This is really unacceptable. On the other side, I ever heard people talked by adding those ‘online language’ such as ‘lol’, ‘afk’, ‘gtg’ etc. in their conversation.

Admittedly, social media really affecting our life positively and negatively yet we can’t live without it. :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree that social networking platforms have truly revolutionized corporation marketing and consumer usage. Everything is extremely convenient nowadays, users are prone to buying more than usual, including me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agreed that people can operate their business through social media. Social media is all the rage right now. We see it in web posts everywhere. People are using social media to buy their things nowadays. It is easier and convenience.

    ReplyDelete