Saturday, July 9, 2011

Discussion 1 "Social Media" by Yau Yau


Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, YouTube and so on. These are all examples of social media. "Social media essentially is a category of online media where people are talking, participating, sharing, networking, and bookmarking online."

In my point of view, social media has shot to the forefront of people's attention because it's fun. Social media is really affecting our life and the lives around us. With social media, we are able to connect with our friends and family. I am always using Skype and MSN to chat with my friends and family for few hours in a day.

Through social media, we are easy to share our ideas, photos, videos, likes and dislikes, information to all the people around the world and people will be more interested in the information because we published it with pictures & videos. Nowadays, I always get the latest news from social media more than get from newspaper or television, because social media is more convenience for me to check all the news in local and international. I can go to my Facebook to view what is the latest news recently. For an example, latest news of Bersih, I couldn’t know if I didn’t on my Facebook.

Not only that, people can do their business with selling their products like clothes, bags, shoes and many more through social media. I also get some clothes from online shopping. It is really save my time in traffic jam on the road, energy and car petrol.

Social media is really affecting our life. Social media is made people so close to each other, more aware about their life and more knowledgeable about their world and even politics. We can't live without it!

2 comments:

  1. While we are instructed to write a reflective response based on the video, i resent the statement that social media is simply limited to the internet and social networking. However, your statement made a valid point of social network media helping the spreading news, both local and international, and that is the turning point of news broadcasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yau is right, social media is really affecting our life. I admit that i can't live without it. We just need it anytime and anywhere we are. Using Skype and MSN to chat with my friends are helping me a lot from sms with them which will cost me each and every single message that i send.

    ReplyDelete